Our picture days this year are Saturday March 16th and Sunday March 17th. Click here to see the full schedule for the weekend. Please be on time. Group pictures are not mandatory but will be in the program book and in our display in the waiting room so we ask that everyone attend. Any students not in the group photo will be listed in the program as "camera shy". If you do not wish to have your child photographed individually please let us know. You are under no obligation to take or buy any individual photos. There is no deposit required. We will be using Donner Photographic, a dance photographer, to take our pictures. Each parent must fill out a numbered information card when you arrive. You will meet Jessica in Room 1. The children will then proceed as a class into Room 2 to be photographed. The photographer will do his best to stay in numerical order of the cards but he might need to go out of order for any number of reasons. Sometimes with smaller children he may try to finish up with the ones who are upset or crying first. It is not necessarily first come, first served.
Please also keep in mind that, though we do our best to stay on schedule, it is possible run a little late or a little early at different points in the day. We do usually end up getting back on track and for this reason we suggest that you do not try to leave and come back later. There's no way to predict how it will go as there are many factors that determine that, and in the past we have unfortunately had students miss their group photo because they decided to go home or out to eat.
We ask that you not bring siblings, other family members or friends with you to the studio on Picture Day - Mom and dancer only. We also do not allow any non performing males, parents or otherwise, in the studio on that day because it serves as our dressing room. Male dancers will arrive dressed in costume and stay in the front waiting area until their class is ready to be photographed.
Here are some reminders to help the day run smoothly. Please review this information carefully and let us know as soon as possible if you have any questions. We don’t have the manpower to field phone calls on Picture Weekend itself, so you’ll want to ask any questions you may have well in advance.
* Rooms 1 and 3 will be used for changing.
* Dress your child in their costumes with the tights we will provide you with but do their hair and make up at home.
* Make up need not be as heavy as for the stage. For younger children (7 and under) blush and lipstick are sufficient.
* Please tuck in or cut any strings on their ballet shoes. If your child has tap shoes that tie, please use a clear elastic in place of the ribbon or tap tie.
• NO BANGS PLEASE! Buns must be slicked back (start with wet hair) and low enough on the head so they are not visible from the front, with no fuzzy flyaway hair. Do not add any extra bun covers, barrettes or any other adornments to your child’s hair. They must look uniform as a class.
• If your child is upset or crying we will bring them to you. Please calm them down outside the room, as not to upset others.
• DANCERS ONLY ARE PERMITTED INSIDE THE STUDIO DURING THE PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION. Donner Photographic is very good at what they do. Please do not interfere. If you have special requests such as sibling photos please let Jessica know and she will pass on the request. Please have the younger sibling come to the older sibling’s class time appointment.
• We will do our best to stay on time. Depending on the size, and their mood, a class can take up to two hours to be photographed in each costume. If you happen to hear from a friend that we are running ahead or behind, please do not change your plans to arrive according to our schedule. Timing can change either way for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately we cannot wait for any dancer who is not there when it is time to take the group photo.
• Please do not add any additional jewelry or accessories and please do not put underwear under their tights. If the costume has tights, the tights ARE the underwear. If the costume does not require tights, then please wear something underneath that will not show any lines.
• Wednesday 4:15, Thursday 3:30, and Saturday 10:00 will be photographed in their ballet costume first so you may layer your pink tights on top of your tan tights for easier changing.
With everyone’s help, this can be a productive, stress free day. We truly appreciate your cooperation in complying with all we’ve asked. Though the day is long, the result is our souvenir program which serves as our studio yearbook and is a memento that can be treasured for years to come.
Pictures will be available for viewing and purchase at the studio on Sunday, March 31 from 12-4 p.m. At this time you may also purchase space in our recital program for your child’s individual photo as well as place your recital ticket order. Please reserve your program space that day OR EARLIER! Organizing the recital program takes quite a while and is a lot of work. Photos, text for your ad and business cards that are turned in late (after March 31st) risk getting lost or omitted. We make every effort to have no errors in our program so turning things in all together and on time is very helpful to us. We thank you for that and we thank you for supporting the program.
If you put your child’s individual photo in the program you receive a FREE business ad in the back. Placing these individual photos helps defray the cost of the printing of the program. We are very grateful for your support in this area – we want to be able to continue to provide these lovely souvenir program/yearbooks to each and every one of your guests on recital day, free of charge. IF YOU DO NOT PURCHASE PHOTOS ON MARCH 31 YOU WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PLACE THEM IN OUR PROGRAM! To preserve the continuity of the program we can only accept photos taken by Donner Photographic. You can still purchase your photos if you cannot attend on March 31, however, through special mail arrangements with the photographer. My suggestion if you cannot make it is to send a trusted friend or relative to choose and purchase your photos that day.
Fee schedule for individual space in the program is:
¼ page $65
½ page $100
Full page $200
All photos will be returned.
Please think about what you’d like to write under your child’s photo so you can give that to us on the 9th. (Try to be creative!) Thank you!!!